16 More Stations To Be Spun Off From Entercom-CBS Merger In Boston, SF, Sacramento, Seattle
ALL ACCESS has learned that 16 more stations have been ticketed for divestiture by ENTERCOM and CBS RADIO to satisfy ownership cap concerns arising from their merger.
A source tells ALL ACCESS that CBS will sell or swap 11 stations, including:
- Top 40 KMVQ (99.7 NOW)/SAN FRANCISCO
- News WBZ-A, Sports WBZ-F (98.5 THE SPORTS HUB), and Classic Rock WZLX/BOSTON
- Sports KFNQ-A (AM 1090 THE FAN), Adult Hits KJAQ (96.5 JACK FM), and Classic Rock KZOK-F/SEATTLE
- Sports KHTK-A, Country KNCI (NEW COUNTRY 105.1), AC KYMX (MIX 96), and Top 40 KZZO (NOW 100.5)/SACRAMENTO
And ENTERCOM will sell or swap 5 stations:
- Urban AC KBLX, AC KOIT/SAN FRANCISCO
- Classic Rock KUFX (98.5 KFOX)/SAN JOSE
- News-Talk WRKO-A and Urban AC WKAF (THE NEW 97.7)/BOSTON
No buyers have been yet announced for the spinoffs. The amended proxy statements filed by ENTERCOM and CBS for their postmerger shares indicate that the sales will generate $256 million for the company.
CBS RADIO declined comment, but an ENTERCOM spokesperson told ALL ACCESS that amended FCC filings had been submitted TODAY and that “The amended FCC filings marks another step forward in the process to complete our combination with CBS RADIO and we remain on track to close the transaction later this year. Given the ongoing regulatory review, we are unable to comment further at this time.”